Race rules for all categories
- All participants in the National Park Bike Marathon start at their own risk. Each participant must be in possession of an accident insurance and bears full responsibility for his state of health.
- The organizer disclaims any liability for personal injury and property damage to participants, spectators and third parties.
- The organizer disclaims any liability in case of accidents, loss or theft of personal belongings, bikes or similar property and other damages within the entire event.
On the Vallader, Jauer and Livignasco courses the start is allowed from the year 2004.
On the Puter course the start is allowed from the year 2010.
On the Zernezer course the start is allowed from age group 2011.
For the category Big & Small see separate regulations (following).
For the KidsRace special age regulations apply according to the separate regulations (see below).
The information in the announcement is decisive.
The registration deadline is August 26, 2023 until 30 minutes before the start of the race of the respective section, unless the race is already sold out in advance.
There is a participant limit of 1,500 adults born in 2004 and older.
The entry fee is staggered. The scale is published on the internet.
Start numbers will only be issued during the official opening hours at the start number distribution on Friday and Saturday. No exceptions possible.
For licensed riders it is obligatory to show the license before handing in the start number.
Licensed riders without a valid license will be placed in the Fun category.
Cancellations must be submitted in writing and with a medical certificate no later than one week after the race. In this case the entry fee will be refunded minus a handling fee of CHF 20.00.
Cancellations received later will not be considered.
No entry fee can be refunded for non-attendance at the start without a valid medical certificate.
Those who are prevented from participating in the event at short notice have the possibility of having their starting entitlement transferred to a substitute person named by them, as long as substitute numbers are available. This is only possible at the start number distribution, for which a fee of CHF 20.00 will be charged.
If the race is sold out and the participant is unable to attend, it is possible to give the starting place to a colleague or to give it back to the OC and then someone from the waiting list will move up.
Mutations of any kind will only be accepted until August 21, 2023. After that date, mutations can only be processed at the race number desk and will cost CHF 20.00.
On race day, late registrations (if possible) will be accepted with an additional charge of CHF 20.00.
- All participants are responsible for their own race-ready equipment; there will be no inspection of the bikes. The wearing of helmet and gloves is mandatory. No aids are allowed.
- Changing the bike during the race is not allowed. All riders must use a commercially available, technically sound MTB (Hardtail or Fully).
- No racing bikes, FatBikes, recumbents, cross bikes, gravel bikes, unicycles etc. are allowed. E-MTB and e-bikes are also expressly prohibited.
- Material obtained at the official repair posts will be invoiced after the race (plus CHF 20.00 handling fee) or can be paid in cash at the info stand.
The start number must be mounted on the handlebars. Riders with incorrectly mounted start number will be rejected at the start control. The start number must be correctly mounted on the handlebars and is mandatory. No classification will be made without a start number on the handlebars.
The timing chip is integrated in the start number. The rider is responsible for a careful and correct mounting of the start number on the handlebar.
The first start box is reserved for licensed and top riders.
Passing the control posts on the course and following the instructions of the organizer are obligatory. Riders will be disqualified if they take shortcuts, do not pass the control posts and do not follow the regulations and the instructions of the race management.
The organization determines the time limits that the participants have to pass at the checkpoints. If these are exceeded, the start number and the control chip will be confiscated and the rider will be taken out of the race. The following control times must be observed:
Fuldera 10:00 a.m.
Livigno 13:00 h
S-chanf 15:30 h
Lavin 16:30 h
Each participant is responsible for his own return journey to his starting point or to the finish in Scuol, should he abandon the race or not respect the time limits.
The organizer reserves the right to change the course in case of emergency or to switch to an alternative course. Especially in case of fog or snowfall, the course will be adapted to the conditions for safety reasons.
All participants have to undergo a doping control, if required. A positive result will result in disqualification.
Protests must be submitted in writing with a deposit of CHF 100.00 to the race jury within 20 minutes of the participant's arrival.
Waste may only be disposed of in the designated areas. Please take care of our environment! In case of violation, a time penalty may be imposed.
ID must be carried (Italy).
The participants have to respect the road traffic law.
Prize money / ranking ceremony
- By registering, the rider agrees to the category and prize money scheme.
- The amount of the payouts can be seen on the internet. The basis for the total prize money is the UCI/Swiss Cycling regulations. A maximum of 50% of the participants in each category will receive prize money.
- The prize-giving ceremonies will take place in the finish area according to the current program.
- Prizes will be handed over to third parties only at the end of the ranking ceremony. Prizes will not be sent later.
- Support vehicles on the race track are prohibited.
- The decreed, general driving and parking regulations also apply during the race.
- Failure to comply with the instructions of the officials and marshals will result in disqualification of the drivers.
- The organizers reserve the right to change or adapt the regulations at any time and without prior notice. If due to external circumstances (pandemic, weather, etc.) the race is cancelled or not held at all, the entry fee will not be refunded. Also in case of previous cancellation of the event due to force majeure, already paid entry fees will not be refunded. Already paid entry fees will be carried forward to the next event.
- The organizer reserves the right to use personal data for marketing purposes and to publish pictures taken during the race, unless a participant objects in writing.
- With the registration the rider agrees that photos of the event can be taken and also published.
- With the registration the driver agrees with the regulations. Disregard of the race regulations will result in disqualification.
- The regulations published on the Internet are authoritative. The terms used in these regulations refer to members of both sexes. The conversion of all fees (entry fee, handling fee, late entry fee, protest fee) as well as prize money will be done at the daily rate in Euro.
Regulation addition large and small on the tracks Puter and Zernezer
- Big and small is valid from two persons (at least 1 child from 6 to 15 years and 1 adult from 18 years), who do not have to be related.
- Each person will receive their own timing chip and will be scored individually.
- Timing will be activated just before the official start time. An earlier start will lead to disqualification.
- For the ranking the time of the last arriving person is valid.
- The large and small teams must arrive at the finish line together within 2 minutes.
- The children must cover the distance independently. Pushing or pulling is not allowed and can lead to disqualification or a time penalty by the race management.
KidsRace rules addendum
|1 lap / 1 km
|2 laps / 2 km
|3 laps / 3 km
- Starting line-up: Ordered by category. The next category will start when the last competitor of the previous category finishes.
- Accompanying persons: No accompanying persons are allowed on the course. The children have to cover the distance on their own. Violation will result in immediate disqualification of the participant.